Tuesday, January 17, 2006

More Harry Potter fan obscenery

Wherein I link to links

Most works of literature are ignored, some are enjoyed, a rare few are savored, and every now and then there's the special book that causes a special kind of pychosis. Catcher in the Rye is a favorite with murdering loons.

Harry Potter causes a more general, usually less harmful, kind of freak. The publication of The Half-Blood Prince was a tipping point and more than a few people noticed. Following are two sites that recorded some of the more egregious actions.

Probably the most famous example was the freak who spazzed out when a baby won a costume contest instead of her. I feared it had disappeared forever. Ha! The internet always wins. There is a page dedicated to documenting the Childless Freak Hardcore community and the Harry Potter meltdown in particular. Read the whole thing. Here's a small quote:
I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial Congratulations breeders, you win.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ahistoricality said...

The Encyclopedia Dramatica is an interesting site, isn't it? That one's new to me. The Child-Free movement isn't, but I'd never heard that particular story before. Interesting collections. Of course, I wouldn't want to be judged by the fringes of my profession, either... though I do my best to police them, not encourage them.

1/18/2006 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't judge by the fringes, other than for possible humor. Though much like conspiracy theories and those who believe in them, I am fascinated by fringes and the CFH people are definately out there.

bill

1/18/2006 06:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home