Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Do I need to draw you a freakin' flowchart?

Wherein this sounds like those conversations held at 2am on a Saturday night with "Music for Airports" playing in the background


XWL adds me to his blogroll with this comment:
So Quoted (Still not sure what this blog is about, but whatever it IS about it's done well)

Heh.

It's about nothing, which is the same as everything. Without defining myself, it's little blips of data points that do define me. It's a collection of what interests me, without stating why it interests me. The meanings are multitude and various; or a smokescreen and a diversion, a head fake. Information. Data, good or bad, is still information and just as useful in drawing conclusions or a pretty watercolor picture of a toy boat on a pond. Or a dinosaur eating a jet plane. That's cool.

The fact that anyone else reads this amuses me. This is also information and who you are also defines what So Quoted is and reflects back on who you are. Perception is reality, even when false. Viewpoints and relationships are not buried in concrete, they are always on a sliding scale. Biases and preformed opinions color too much of what we read; who someone is affects the outcome more than the actual words. Mobius strips reflected in a mirror painted by Escher.

I have a habit of telling jokes or stories that are just for my amusement. Not because I'm elitist (though in many ways I probably am) or I mean to confuse (though I also don't mean to not confuse), just that the real joke is the reaction to the nonjoke. Years ago, I had problems with a manager who could never tell when I was joking because I never smiled. Sorry, smiling kills it; besides, she was a twit. What that has to do with So Quoted I'm not sure, just consider it another data point. It's the aside, the fleeting glance, the recognition that the guitar line in James Brown's Get on the Good Foot is the Sesame Street theme. That, speaking of, Sesame Street, Bert is the nice guy and Ernie is an asshole.

It's the art and exploration of serendipity.

3 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

And it's sometimes brilliant--as in this post.

2/23/2006 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

smile

2/23/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to Thank Mr. Foxworthy. Two years ago, my friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was given one years to live. Him and his wife of 35 years, set out on the road to make some great memories for her to keep. On the way they bought some Jeff Foxworthy tapes and some Red Skelton tapes and laughted themselves along a great road. I have always heard that laughter is a great medicine but this proves it once again. So thank you very much for helping them have a few more memories along lifes highway.
Sincerly,
Linda Carritt

3/10/2006 05:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home