Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Twenty songs from 1972

Wherein More Details are available

So that’s who the New Seekers are. I should go back to 1970 and cross out that song. While it isn’t that great a song, the recent update by Coke is even more insulting. Put a bunch of slackers on a city roof practicing hippity hop scat really references the touchy-feely narcissism of the early 70s. Uh-uh, I’m switching to RC Cola.

Two versions of a coke commercial charted? 1972, you suck.

Grade: C-

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1972
1. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Roberta Flack
2. Alone Again (Naturally), Gilbert O'Sullivan
3. American Pie, Don McLean
4. Without You, Nilsson
5. Candy Man, Sammy Davis Jr.
6. I Gotcha, Joe Tex
7. Lean On Me, Bill Withers
8. Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me, Mac Davis
9. Brand New Key, Melanie
10. Daddy Dont You Walk So Fast, Wayne Newton
91. Roundabout, Yes
92. Doctor My Eyes, Jackson Browne
93. I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing, New Seekers
94. Vincent / Castles In The Air, Don Mclean
95. Baby Let Me Take You (In My Arms), Detroit Emeralds
96. Speak To The Sky, Rick Springfield
97. I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing, Hillside Singers
98. Walking In The Rain With The One I Love, Love Unlimited
99. Good Foot, Pt. 1, James Brown
100. Pop That Thang, Isley Bros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home