Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Twenty songs from 1978

Wherein More Details are available

Five songs from Andy Gibb and the Bee Gees...wonder what movie came out this year? For the record, Grease also charted this year. I’m guessing Three Times a Lady is when the Lionel Ritchie hatred started. Looks like this is the year disco crested.

Grade: C+

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1978
1. Shadow Dancing, Andy Gibb
2. Night Fever, Bee Gees
3. You Light Up My Life, Debby Boone
4. Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees
5. Kiss You All Over, Exile
6. How Deep Is Your Love, Bee Gees
7. Baby Come Back, Player
8. (Love Is) Thicker Than Water, Andy Gibb
9. Boogie Oogie Oogie, A Taste Of Honey
10. Three Times A Lady, Commodores
91. Native New Yorker, Odyssey
92. Flashlight, Parliament
93. Don't Look Back, Boston
94. Turn To Stone, Electric Light Orchestra
95. I Can't Stand The Rain, Eruption
96. Ebony Eyes, Bob Welch
97. The Name Of The Game, Abba
98. We're All Alone, Rita Coolidge
99. Hollywood Nights, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
100. Deacon Blues, Steely Dan

4 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

You've managed to break my record of many, many years of completely shutting the mere thought of that Exile song from my brain. (You know how much 'Pick hates Styxx?? Well .... )

3/22/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

You're not even blogging these days and STILL you torment me with Styxx! Some days it doesn't pay to read the comment sections....

Incidentally I was listening to Deacon Blues on the way to work this morning. I'll have to listen to it some more on the way home to cleanse the palate.

3/22/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger reader_iam said...

Icepick, wasn't it you who observed once that commenting can be "stealth" blogging?

Tee hee. Sorry for the "stealth" tormenting.

vh: xvuckcbr

3/22/2006 07:10:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Yes, that was me. Hoist by my own petard. Oh the shame....

3/22/2006 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home