Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twenty songs from 1982

Wherein More Details are available


Family vacation somewhere on Georgian Bay in 1983. The only radio station we could pick up, I swear to god, played Eye of the Tiger five times an hour. Canadian broadcasting rule that a certain amount of the programming had to be Canadian, so they'd play it a couple times an hour, then they'd play it as one of the most requested songs of the hour, then they'd play it as the most requested song of the hour. I am a survivor. Almost made sitting in a small boat for 8 hours freezing my ass off fun.

Interesting that Air Supply doesn’t make the top 10 for 1981 or 1982 as that’s all I remember hearing. Steve Miller was a good band before they started chasing New Wave.

1982 was a big shift in music for me. Started to drift away from the classic rock stations and was searching for more punk and new wave. A friend gave me a Boston album for a birthday present and I played Bow Wow Wow, Grandmaster Flash, and Yaz instead. don’t push me close I’m close to the edge I’m trying not to lose my head uh uh uh uh

Concerts: Foreigner (Foreigner 4, the jukebox hero tour) and J. Geils. J. Geils kicks serious concert ass and I'd consider them one of the finest bands of the 1970s.

Grade: D

Bad songs = crossed out
Great songs = bold

1982
1. Physical, Olivia Newton-John
2. Eye Of The Tiger, Survivor
3. I Love Rock N' Roll, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
4. Ebony And Ivory, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
5. Centerfold, J. Geils Band
6. Don't You Want Me, Human League
7. Jack And Diane, John Cougar
8. Hurts So Good, John Cougar
9. Abracadabra, Steve Miller Band
10. Hard To Say I'm Sorry, Chicago
91. Kids In America, Kim Wilde
92. Man On Your Mind, Little River Band
93. What's Forever For, Michael Murphy
94. Waiting On A Friend, Rolling Stones
95. Do I Do, Stevie Wonder
96. Working For The Weekend, Loverboy
97. Goin' Down, Greg Guidry
98. Arthur's Theme, Christopher Cross
99. Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
100. Edge Of Seventeen, Stevie Nicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home