Friday, April 14, 2006

In France, it’s chocolate bells

Wherein, a short routine from the always funny and very dead Bill Hicks


I was over in Australia during Easter, which was interesting. Interesting to note they celebrate Easter the same way we do. Commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night. Now…I wonder why we’re f*cked up as a race? Anybody? Anybody got any clues out there? Where do we get this sh*t from? Why those two things? Why not goldfish left Lincoln logs in your sock drawer? As long as we’re making sh*t up, go hog wild. At least a goldfish with a Lincoln log on its back going across the floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

little kid’s voice: Mummy, I woke up today and there was a Lincoln log in me sock drawer.
Mummy: That’s the story of Jesus.

Who comes up with this sh*t? I’ve read the Bible and I can’t find the word chocolate or bunny anywhere in that book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ahistoricality said...

I recently learned that the bunny and egg thing comes from a Germanic pre-Christian tradition. Made me feel, oddly enough, better about allowing the Little Jewish Anachronism to participate in egg-hunt things...

4/15/2006 05:55:00 AM  
Blogger Lord Floppington said...

Didn't he have that line: What's the big deal about the beach? It's where sand meets water.

He cracks me up.

4/16/2006 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home