Saturday, May 06, 2006

Anatomy of a high school soccer game

Wherein this is a test


Went to a another girls high school soccer game this week. We're in the state tournament and the top two ranked teams met up. Unfortunately #2 ( the away team) prevailed. I'll come back later and add a little more detail and explain how a good team with a game plan can defeat a better team without a game plan.

I also used the time to try out my shot sketch idea (the legend). How's this work? The lines indicate where the assist came from.

First Half


Second Half

1 Comments:

Blogger cakreiz said...

After staring mindlessly at the graph, I finally saw the legend link- which, as you can imagine, helped immeasurably. Waiting for your narrative on how the lack of a gameplan caused the home team's eventual demise. I agree with the premise that a moderately-talented opponent with a gameplan can defeat a more-talented team w/o one. I always thought soccer, more than some other sports, lent itself to effective coaching strategies.

5/10/2006 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home