Monday, May 01, 2006

World Cup Links

Wherein I ask "NBA who?"


Started collecting links for World Cup coverage. Looks like most weekday games will be noon and 3pm EST, so pub viewing may be difficult. Eight years ago, I finagled my schedule a few times to make the 3pm games by kickoff. This year, I have some extra vacation days and might have to burn a day or two for particularly important games. I'm beginning to think I preferred the situation four years ago when a number of the games aired live at 3am. A couple soccer friendly bars stayed open (not allowed to serve alcohol, but food was sold) and packed the place out. A batch of us watched a few games this way and still made it, blurry-eyed, to work on time.

I'll add a link to this on the side ------>.

US Soccer

News Sites

Blogs
I haven't taken a close look at most of these and some might be set up as not much more than search word honeypots. If content looks lacking, I'll delete the link. Recommendations for other legitimate sites is appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pooh said...

As an anglophillac football fun...ugh.

5/01/2006 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Last I heard they were saying six weeks. But this type of injury seems to take about twice as long as "they say."

I watched the game and it doesn't look like anything happened. Just a normal tackle and Rooney doesn't get up.

I don't think England has a chance without Rooney and a half-healthy Owen, but doubt there's much of a chance of having Rooney by the second round.

5/01/2006 08:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/28/2006 11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home