Monday, June 19, 2006

But all I wanted was a muffin

Wherein my displeasure was made known


So we had another of those useless and fake holidays--Father's Day. All I have to say about yesterday is that someone owes me a Sunday.

Back for Mother's Day, Allison blogged about the "worst mother's day tradition ever." That being schools handing out muffins for mothers. Alliteration being more important than fairness, dads get doughnuts. Oh, joy. So on Friday:

Did you get your doughnut?

No, I was really hoping for a muffin. I'm very disappointed.


Title is a reference to this song:
I went to your schools,
I went to your churches,
I went to your institutional learning facilities?!
So how can you say I'm crazy.

I think that would be hilarious on an infant t-shirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

Excellent song reference.

6/19/2006 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sorry about your Father's Day, Bill. Next year for equality's sake you should go get a muffin and a pedicure. (Practice saying, "It's my day." )

To be clear, it's not the ritual handing-out-of-muffins and Sunny D I hate. It's getting to the school at 7 am, waiting in line for an hour, and being told they are out of muffins. Then being expected to stay and listen to a dull seminar on time management.

6/26/2006 10:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home