Friday, December 29, 2006

"Come to Cleveland, Mr. Soft Palms"

Wherein while Bourdain can spell "slaughterfest" his "Cincinnati" is pear-shaped (also his "chilli" -- 2 LLs refers to the vegetable and 1 L is the southwestern dish; he's still good TV


A taunting is answered:
Okay, Ruhlman. As you well know, I am taking you up on your challenge. There WILL be a Cleveland episode of NO RESERVATIONS. It WILL begin shooting almost immediately upon my return from Tahiti. And you will have the opportunity to show me that there are signs of life in Ohio--beyond cow-tipping and the World's Largest Rubber Stamp.. Oh...and you are aware of the drag racing scene? Me in a rented Vette--and you in the ol' wood panelled station wagon, public road? Loser has to eat three orders of Skyline 3-Way Cincinatti Chilli. No joke.
And the Chomsky-quoting fascist is coming along for a couple a days...so you are in DEEP shit, my friend. Can you spell S.L.A.U.G.H.T.E.R.F.E.S.T?

Posted by: bourdain | December 28, 2006 at 09:52 AM

Noted: Cincinnati chili is not real chili. I still like it and it's easy to make. I can recommend this recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home