Monday, December 11, 2006

I need a snow storm

Wherein the other day it was 15 degrees above zero and it felt refreshing. It's a far cry from walking a mile or so to Lake of the Isles and skating in sub-zero weather, but it'll do.

Don't Eat the Yellow Snow, Frank Zappa
Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...

I'm A Little Snowflake, Laurie Berkner
I'm a little snow flake
icy and round
I fall from the sky
And I don't make a sound

Let's Build a Snowman, Cannibal: The Musical
et's build a snowman!
We can make him our best friend.
We can name him Tom or we can name him George!
We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall.
Snowman!

Snow Days, Trip Shakespeare
It's coming down
Slow day for the teacher
And her wheels are spinning now
On account of winter, Mrs. Braintree
All the roads are closed
And the stores are loot for vagabonds

Sometimes It Snows in April, Prince
Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending,
and all good things, they say, never last

Things Snowball, John Wesley Harding
When childish habits are slow to die
You might look up and wonder why
Things snowball in the twinkling of an eye

Winter Snow, Booker T. & The MG's
no lyrics

Winter Kills, Yaz
Green in your love on bright days
You grew sun blind you thought me unkind
To remind you how winter kills

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

Wherein the other day it was 15 degrees above zero and it felt refreshing. It's a far cry from walking a mile or so to Lake of the Isles and skating in sub-zero weather, but it'll do.

You, sir, are cracked.

12/12/2006 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

Hence, the post.

There's a quality to the air when it's just above zero that is comforting. As long as it isn't windy, cause that's what will kill you.

Below zero is a different story. Once walked out the door when it was around -10, I'd had a cold and had applied a layer of Vick's vapor rub to my raw nose. When the cold air hit the Vicks I dropped to the ground in extreme pain. Screaming may have been involved.

12/12/2006 09:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home