Tuesday, September 04, 2007

If I gave awards, you'd be in the running for lamest comment ever

Wherein source link


I hope a little Tuesday Trivia XLII helps smooth out your dreaded return to the office

1. The Wonder Years
2. St. Louis
3. Planetarium
4. Animal Farm -- one of these days I should read this book
5. Syria (Sahara?)
6. Little League baseball
7. Almost thought that Burt/Bert was the connection. Couldn't find a Burt in Toy Story 2, though. No guess on #7, so either five or six correct.

***********************

I don't get LOLCATS. LOLAUTHORS isn't much better.

***********************

SEC, ACC, Big 10 comma fans of. Thoughts. First of all, college football fans are a pain in the ass. Living in Atlanta, a nexus of ACC and SEC territory, I can honestly say fans of both are insane with SEC fans being marginally more stupid (applied conference-wide, I think "world class jerks" is accurate). Big 10 sports are perennially overrated and insecure. Never bet on a Big 10 basketball team to make it past the second round of the NCAA basketball tournament.

I am a former ACC fan, college basketball variety. I say former because as far as I'm concerned the conference no longer exists. The true conference will always be Clemson, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest, and Ga Tech. Despite my current indifference, I was glad to see Ga. Tech stomp Notre Dame. Mostly because it's always a good thing when Notre Dame loses. It's also always a good thing when the Dallas Cowboys and the Los Angeles Dodgers lose. I don't know where this animosity comes from and wonder if regression therapy would help.

***********************

By the weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

Living in Atlanta, a nexus of ACC and SEC territory, I can honestly say fans of both are insane with SEC fans being marginally more stupid (applied conference-wide, I think "world class jerks" is accurate).

And your point is ... ???

9/04/2007 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

No point. Other than I really enjoy a Monday when both Ga Tech and UGA were both trounced on Saturday.

9/04/2007 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home