Friday, February 15, 2008

New Lost theory

Wherein still under development...or underdeveloped...


Lost is They Live and Sayid is Roddy Piper. Quoting wiki:
The idea for They Live came from two sources: a short story called "Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson, originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction in the 1960s, involving an alien invasion in the tradition of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and a story called "Nada" from the Alien Encounters comic book.[1] John Carpenter describes Nelson's story as "a D.O.A. type of story, in which a man is put in a trance by a stage hypnotist. When he awakens, he realizes that the entire human race has been hypnotized, and that alien creatures are controlling humanity. He has only until eight o'clock in the morning to solve the problem."[1] Carpenter acquired the film rights to both the comic book and short story and wrote the screenplay using Nelson’s story as a basis for the film's structure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ahistoricality said...

I remember "8 o'clock in the morning": neat little story. I know I have it in my collection somewhere, but I can't put my hands on it immediately. Never seen "They Live" and not a "Lost" watcher, so I can't comment on the connections, except to say that ... I don't see it.

The story is pretty much as described, except that they left out the really neat bits.... none of which have any analog in the Lost universe, at least as you've described it.

2/15/2008 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

Quoth the wife: "I just don't see Sayid as the bubblegum type...."

2/16/2008 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Interesting idea, but I don't see it either. Sorry.

BTW, you can go ahead and delete the link to my blog. It's not only merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead. I hope the same isn't true of Alton Brown.

2/17/2008 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home