Friday, March 07, 2008

What I'm listening to

Wherein this post serves no real purpose other than to let slip that I'll probably skip doing a Lost mindless speculation this week


Tripped to the used CD store and returned with:
  • Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band. What August Darnell was doing before he became Kid Creole and the Coconuts. I've heard of this, but think I haven't heard it. Cherchez La Femme was the big hit and I don't recognize it.
  • Jack Johnson, Sleep Through the Static. Because we loves us some lyrically incoherent and somnolently played beach music. Yes we does.
  • Elect Slappy White For Vice-President. LP from 1975. I was hoping this would've been funnier. I chuckled a couple of times and laughed out loud a couple of mostly, mostly due to surprise. Liner notes are up elsewhere and the tracks will join them in a couple days.


And borrowed from the library:
  • Leonard Bernstein -- Peter & the Wolf / Carnival of the Animals
  • Subdudes -- Behind the Levee
  • MTV's hip hopera: Carmen

1 Comments:

Blogger bill said...

Well, I WAS listening to them.

3/07/2008 02:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home