Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday answers on Tuesday

Maybe if I waited until Wednesday I'd have figured out #2 and #4


  1. Mighty Ducks is NHL, so scratch that. I don't know, but did you know that Steamboat Willie was also the name of a late-19th century prosthestic to help civil war veterans deal with a certain type of war injury. It was quickly discontinued when no one could figure out how to keep the women from being burned by the heat.

  2. Houdini

  3. 7

  4. Catcher in the Rye

  5. Mrs. O'Leary

  6. Light

  7. Stuff falling from the sky.

1 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

1. Being out here on the West Coast, and a fan of a few Pac10 teams (that's right, I root for both the Trojans, and the Bruins, I know it's wrong, but I do it anyway), it's the Oregon (Donald) Ducks.

4. Catcher in the Rye was earlier, I think, those chapter headings sound more William Goldman, Lord of the Flies-esque to me.

7. You might be right, Magnolia had the rain of frogs, Time Bandits had the rain of little people, don't know about the others, although if it were things falling from the sky that you don't expect to fall from the sky then leaving off Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with its doomed plummeting whale would seem an odd ommission.

6/25/2008 02:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home