Thursday, July 17, 2008

Advance copies of Anathem are out

Wherein this will be a list of people I choose to hate since I am not one of them


I didn't read these -- just glanced at -- for fear of spoilers. I also read that there's a fuller description of the story up at Amazon.com that I will also stay away from. My plan is to know as little about the book, other than the name, before buying it. Ideally, I will enter Borders when they unlock the doors at 9am, immediately order a coconut latte from Seattle's Best, walk over to the register, grabbing the book without breaking stride, pay for it, and pick up the latte just as it's being poured. By 9:05am the cover should be cracked and I should be reading. That's the plan. Note to self: must call Borders and verify that the book will be out when they open the doors and not in a box in the back room waiting until someone decides to unpack it...because that would result in excessive latte cooling.
  • Threat Quality Press. Appears to be an early review so I quickly closed my eyes.
  • Andrew McKie just started and reports that it's big and he doesn't have to write about it until September.
  • Has also finished the book.
  • Another copy and will the novel come with a CD?

Somehow I missed the fact that Boingboing posted a video about Neal Stephenson lecturing on literary genres.

2 Comments:

Blogger reader_iam said...

Ideally, I will ... immediately order a coconut latte.

Wow. Really? Never heard of such thing. You must think it's good if you order it, but ... hmmm. I admit to a bit of skepticism.

7/22/2008 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

It's like an espresso mounds bar. Based on hearing "I've never heard of that before" every time I order one, I might be the only person who puts coconut syrup in a latte.

7/22/2008 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home