Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back to Tuesday

Wherein there's a normal train wreck, then there's the falling off the rails going over the side of bridge killing most of the passengers and those that survive are eaten by wolves before the rescue party shows up kind of train wreck


1. The way this is worded I'm guessing it's a group of people, not necessarily a nationality; so Romania is probably wrong. Maybe the Basque? But don't they speak Basque? Bah, next question.

2. Haven't seen it, yet. How about Sandra-what's-her-name from Speed.

3. I can't come up with a 3-letter title, much less who sang them, so I'll guess McCartney.

4. Turing. That's my default answer for British mathematician.

5. Life.

6. Finland.

7. All are boring to watch.

2 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

1) The Rom, are more commonly called Gypsies.

2) Ripley, AKA Sigourney Weaver (who had a countdown in one of the Aliens pictures, and Galaxy Quest)

3) Bono, I'd guess, maybe, all I can think of is "One"

4) I'd guess Venn, assuming Venn Diagrams are actually named for someone, though Venn doesn't sound very British.

5) Will, I think, (though life without 'will', isn't much of a life, but I think the word refers to the document kind, not the emotional kind)

6) While researching my South Georgia Island (which is claimed by Norway), noticed that a few crazed Norwegian explorers claimed lots of godforsakenly cold pieces of rock down south (felt just like home, I guess), so I'd guess Norway.

7) Activities best done drunk (maybe not car racing, though much more entertaining for spectators if the drivers were forced to blow more than a .15 BA level)

7/09/2008 01:31:00 AM  
Blogger J. Bowman said...

I'm also going with Bono and Venn for 3 and 4. The answer to #5 is testicles, obviously.

7. They were all shown on ESPN2 on July 4.

7/09/2008 09:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home