Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fascism report

Wherein small earthquake in California Didn't experience an earthquake the one visit I've had to California but we had one here a couple years ago: 4.9 earthquake in Alabama. Epicenter was about 100 miles from us and it felt like a car slammed into the side of the house Kind of an exciting way to wake up


These depressed me:
  • Carrie Rickey: "My sentiments about marijuana are pretty much like those about guns. I firmly believe in their control..." Of course in the preceding sentence she pretty much admitted to majoring in doobie rolling in a van down by the river while in college. Guess she's pretty much the same as George Bush.
  • Bruce Schneier: "This is just sad. The TSA confiscated a battery pack not because it's dangerous, but because other passengers might think its dangerous. And they're proud of the fact."
  • Radley Balko with another isolated incident: "This is really beyond outrage. The city of Minneapolis is commending and rewarding its police officers for firing their weapons at innocent people. A family of eight was terrorized, assaulted, and nearly killed, and it's the 'perfect example' of a situation that could have gone wrong?"

3 Comments:

Blogger XWL said...

That reminds me, I had a big 'legalize it' already post that I was working before getting interrupted.

(partly inspired by the stoner comedy list from Rickey, but also a Michelle Malkin post lauding the DEA for their counterterrorism work where commenters were surprisingly pro-legalization, and Bainbridge also had an unabashedly pro-legalization post, also)

(and please, no jokes as to why I would start something, forget that I was doing it, then forget about what I forgot about, then be reminded about it, then forget about it again, then remember something completely different, and then finally after many hours, and Twinkies, get around to doing what I originally meant to do in the first place)

7/31/2008 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Other than that, I enjoyed the Stoner movie list.

7/31/2008 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Icepick said...

We have put the stupid people in charge of the country. I am not at all sure why.

Meanwhile, I remain unemployed. It seems that I would be viewed more favorably if I had murdered someone and then raped their dog. Apparently reading the internet at work is THE worst offense in America today. If only I were as stupid as the ruling class I could have simply sat in my office and drooled on myself, thus avoiding the internets entirely....

8/01/2008 06:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home