Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two new bands

Wherein thunderstorms today so I took the car and heard some new music I liked


The first band, Windmill, from the UK, I'm loving and I'll end up downloading it tonight. I'm convinced the guy sounds like Rickie Lee Jones. The Wife disagrees and instead claims someone from Saturday Night Live. The album is Puddle City Racing Lights and you can stream the whole thing from Friendly Fire Recordings. Also available for download from Amazon.com, iTunes, and Zune. Here's a live version of the song I heard this morning, Boarding Lounges:



Second band is from Portland and goes by the catchy label of Swim Swam Swum. I'm not completely sold on these guys, but thought their song Not in your way was quite catchy has it had me head-bobbing down the road. It isn't on youtube, so listen to it on their myspace page. Here's their video for Without You French:

2 Comments:

Blogger bill said...

The artwork for the Windmill album? If that was available as a poster/print, I'd totally put that up on my wall. Perfect fit for the music.

7/31/2008 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger nockcode said...

Arabic Sweets in Dubai
Dubai Sweets

2/25/2021 01:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home