Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'll agree to this

Wherein people and politics that's a lethal combination in a small house when it rains*


  1. This is funny.
  2. This is true:
    I'm profoundly tired of being unable to say anything about the candidates without having it turn into a shouting match. I post a mildly amusing video about John McCain, and it immediately degenerates into a shouting match over whether he's, like, the worst person ever, or the victim of a liberal media conspiracy. No one seems to be able to be able to hold two different thoughts in their heads at once:

    1. The houses thing is a silly issue that shouldn't make any difference in peoples' willingness to vote for McCain
    2. The houses thing is funny, especially when set to Feist.

    Both Obama and McCain supporters seem convinced that my every utterance on the topic is part of my not-so-hidden agenda to undermine their candidate.

  3. But Ms. McArdle inserts two spaces after a period so by the SoQuoted bylaws I am unable to agree with her about anything and must swear eternal hatred until she amends and apologizes for her evil ways.
  4. That sucks, but there can be no wavering on the two spaces front. Everything else is immaterial.
  5. Completely unrelated, I've begun reading the Kingsolver book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle for this. I can't stand her whiny style of writing and she thoroughly pissed me off by the fourth page. Guess I'll finish it.


Joe, by the Cranberries

3 Comments:

Blogger bill said...

*Most of the wherein borrowed from a John Wesley Harding song.

8/24/2008 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger bill said...

Hey Joe, Where you going with MY gun in your hand?

8/24/2008 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Tosy And Cosh said...

I found Animal, Vegetable . . . pretty hectoring too. And I love her fiction. I'd say it gets better, but its really more of the same.

8/25/2008 08:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home