Sunday, November 30, 2008

Explain this to me

Wherein is it like goatse but audio and nondisgusting


I do not understand how Rickrolling qualifies as a joke. Or why a bait switch link is funny. If Rickrolling makes you laugh, please explain why. I'll accept brain-damaged as an answer. Here's how the thing appears to me:

Person who doesn't understand humor: Hey, Bill! There's this great youtube video of something amazing!!!!! Here's the link !!!!!!!!!!!:)

Me: [click -- Rick Astley video plays] Um, that's "Never Gonna Give You Up." Did you copy the wrong URL?

Person who doesn't understand humor: PSYCH!!!!! You've been rickrolled!!!!!!

Me: Oh, you meant to send me there. I didn't know you were such an Astley fan.

Person who doesn't understand humor: I'm not, I totally burned you!!!!!

Me: Huh?

Person who doesn't understand humor: I tricked you !!!!! You thought you were going one place and I sent you to another!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Me: ..................

Person who doesn't understand humor: I think I crapped my pants.

2 Comments:

Blogger Icepick said...

I've got a friend that periodically Rickrolls his friends. I don't know why it's supposed to be funny. My guess is that the people that think Rickrolling is funny are the people that think Family Guy is the greatest TV show ever.

Incidentally, I got Rickrolled by the Macy's Parade. They had a float for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. The characters started doing some song or another, and then Rick Astley jumps out of some hidden compartment and starts singing that song. I don't know what they were thinking, either.

VW: minglyp

12/02/2008 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger bill said...

I saw that, too. Interrupted a perfectly good song.

12/02/2008 06:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home