Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trivii

Wherein damn you Robert Redford he strikes out YOU HACK


1. ??
2. One, zero. oh, that makes more sense
3. The E Street orchestra? It's amazing what you can sometimes find out based on only a description of a band name (that's an inside joke for an occasional reader).
4. Bobby Fischer
5. Crusade
6. Will Ferrell
7. None of these have been read in my kitch -- wait, I have read The Natural. Based on that knowledge, I'm guessing the film versions sodomized the books' endings in unsavory ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Bowman said...

Vanilla comes from orchids. Well, actually, it comes from the VANILLA BEAN, which is part of an orchid. Damn you, Rockhoppers, and your poorly-worded questions.

The last question has me stumped. I've looked for any small similarity, but I have to admit, I'm short of ideas. This may be the week I squander my Lilliputian chance at the trivia book.

(or maybe not)

2/24/2009 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger XWL said...

#3 I would make a comment along the lines, 'between a D and an F sounds just about right for that band', but the suckitude that is Broooooce has mostly to do with the Springsteen himself, and not his bandmates, who are all pretty decent musicians, it's just that they're saddled with that sack of bombastic, insipid, sincerity.

2/25/2009 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home