Monday, March 09, 2009

Short quote(s): Rooster Cogburn

Wherein from True Grit book version


Just a few...

  • "He's a little fella. I don't know what he'll be riding. He'll be doing a lot of talkin'. Just go for the littlest one."

  • "She said 'Goodbye Ruben, a love for decency does not abide in you.' There's your divorced women talking about decency."

  • "I told her 'Goodbye Nola, I hope that little nail selling bastard will make you happy this time.'"

  • "I would give three dollars right now for a pickled buffalo tongue."

  • "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough and he don't have time to think about how many is with him. He thinks about himself and how he may get clear out of the wrath that is about to set down on him."

  • "Nothing I like to do pays well."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like whoever wrote this lacks the proper quotation skills...

9/27/2018 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home